While I am a parent, I'm not your parent. When I put myself in your shoes and think of your life issues, the above scenarios could probably get me annoyed.
Young adults. Teens. Children. Irrespective of your age or where you are coming from - any untrained person who walks into my dojang is put on a path to develop the kind of power, confidence, and strength of character I have personally forged over my 34 years training in some kind of martial art. I've also practiced other warrior arts and have served in the military for over a decade and a half.
More so than the physical training, is the honing of a warrior's mind. Sure, there is a powerful confidence in being able to handle yourself in a physical confrontation. But we also have a code that drives us - which allows us to develop an inner confidence, a peace that comes from self control, and an understanding of how the world works around us.
It's not an answer to all of life's issues, this code - The Tenets of Taekwondo - allows us to understand what it is we can control, and what are those issues out of our control. Once you figure this out, you develop this rock solid self determination.
Lastly - there is no such thing as age or gender in JDK. You come to us and you put on a uniform you cease to be 'just a girl' or 'just a kid' or 'too young' or 'too immature'. At each and every level you will have the chance to apply yourself and earn the respect for what you put into the practice.
Welcome to JDK.
- Teaching Taekwondo Techniques to Children and getting them to kick right
- Hikaru Dojo Hosts its First and Last Martial Arts Birthday Party
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Children in Perth, Western Australia
- Young Children Training in Taekwondo
- Little People Sparring
- Typical Sedentary Teen Gets Transformed into Hardcore Martial Arts Fighter
- You want your child to learn discipline
- Do you need to get struck in practice? Do children?
[Taekwondo Techniques | Subscribe | FAQs | Sitemap | FB]
Please support us by liking our FaceBook page click here